网院概况 | 学历教育 | 个人培训 | 企业培训 | 网络课堂 | 剑桥证书 
  联系邮箱:
  zhengwen@beiwaionline.com

My Heart Goes On

张伟
文字大小:【】【】【

Everyone has a sweet dream from their childhood. My dream is to master English and travel the world. How to realize my dream? After the Culture Revolution I was given the chance to attend to a college to learn English. Having been a teacher of English for years in China, I still felt that my English was limited, especially when I traveled abroad. I found that I could not communicate with foreign people effectively. I need to improve my English. The question is: where and how I can do it? It was then that the Institute of Beiwai Online extended its warm hands to welcome and made me meet my need.

In the autumn of 2005, I became an online student. Compared with traditional campus education, this is a completely different way of learning English,. Class is given online through a computer. Talking with teachers, learning resources, asking questions, doing homework even reading books all must be done online. Being a 50 year-old man, using computer is new to me. I surfed the Net and studied everyday more than four hours during the past two years. Every semester, there are at least two courses to learn, I read it first time through the paper book, and then read through the electronic edition. It means I read my course book at least twice attentively. The assignments and unit tests given by the teachers have always been done punctually and carefully. In order to give us a better understanding of our course, the Institute provided us a regular tutorial in the learning center where is a four-hour commute off my home. To attend the tutorial, I must stay there for one night and spend a lot of money. I am the only one that has never missed a tutorial in my class. During semester examinations, I usually stay in Shenyang for two or three nights. The bitterness I experienced was also a test at times.

In order to improve my spoken English, I joined an English class lectured by native English speakers, and have studied there for two years. It requires money, persistence and energy. I have even quit nearly all party-invitations that concerned nothing with English learning, Instead, I took the time to study. I often try to find the chances to travel with English speakers together and make good friends with them. All the above noted has not only benefited my English study, but also added confidence to my life. Now I can say that I can communicate with English speaking people with little embarrassment.

No pains no gains. After much hard work, I have made satisfying progresses in my English learning. I am appointed one of the model students at Beiwai Online. I also passed all examinations that I have taken part in so far. The most important thing is that a two-year online life gives me great confidence to develop my English learning. My dream is not only to attain a Bachelor's degree, but to also to complete my Master's. I believe my dream would then come true as long as my heart goes on.

版权所有: 北京外国语大学网络教育学院 北京世纪盈华信息技术有限公司